- 1 T oil of choice, olive, avocado or ghee
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cups greens of choice, swiss chard, beet greens, spinach, or kale, washed, drained and chopped into ribbons
- 1 tsp tamari, coconut aminos or Bragg aminos
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Bengal blend
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp sweetener of choice, organic cane sugar, maple syrup or agave
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or wok. Add the onion and cook until limp and color begins to change to transparency. Add the tamari or aminos, and black pepper and stir to combine well. Add the greens, stirring to enable even cooking, and cook until they begin to look limp but still vibrant in color. Add the vinegar, bengal blend and sweetener of choice. Simmer for a couple of minutes before serving. Add a little more tamari or sweetener if greens taste bitter.
- 2 T oil of choice, (olive, avocado, ghee)
- 1 T tamari
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 – 2 tsp Bengal spice
- 4 cups assorted vegetables cut into same size pieces (mushrooms, sweet potato, bell pepper, asparagus, carrot, etc)
- 1 – 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, optional
- 1 – 2 tsp chopped parsley, optional
Preheat oven 375 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan with a light coating of oil and set it aside. Dump the four cups of assorted vegetables straight into the baking pan. In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoons of oil, tamari, and spices to combine. Pour over the vegetables and using a large spoon or clean hands, combine the vegetables and oil mixture until the vegetables are well coated. Spread them evenly into the dish and place in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes. Optional: drizzle with balsamic vinegar prior to serving and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
This is excellent with basmati rice and a salad. I like to add papaya or mango and fresh mint and cilantro to the salad.
- 2 lbs of Lamb, cut into kabob size pieces
- 1 C yogurt, any kind (vegan works well)
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tsp peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T Bengal spice blend
- 2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, optional
Place all the marinade ingredients into a large zip lock bag and mix well by squeezing the outside of the bad with your hand. Add lamb, seal bag securely and refrigerate overnight. Grill on skewers or simply in pieces on the grill until desired doneness, rare, medium.