- 3/4 C avocado oil, cold pressed
- 1/2 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 C oil olive, cold pressed
- 3 T wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1-2 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 T honey
- 1 tsp Marrakesh blend
- 1 tsp fresh herb of choice (or all combined), basil, dill, tarragon
Mix all ingredients. Shake well before using. This recipe works well as a marinade for meats, veggies and tofu.
- 1 C tahini
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 1 T miso
- 3 T toasted sesame oil
- 2 T tamai
- 4 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Marrakesh blend
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 C water
Whisk or blend everything until incorporated. Use on salads, roasted or steamed vegetables, drizzled on steamed rice, grilled fish, chicken or tofu.
This Moroccan style salad is a wonderful lunch by itself or served with grilled chicken or tofu
- 4 C chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 C quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 T Marrakesh blend
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder, or chopped raw onion to taste
- 1/2 C raisins
- 1 large summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 C cherry tomato, sliced in half
- 1 C cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 C slivered almonds, toasted if desired
- 1/2 – 1 C of dressing of choice (see Sesame dressing or Lemon Vinaigrette recipes)
1)Place the quinoa is a fine mesh strainer and wash in fresh water throughly to remove the saponins that coat the grain causing a bitter taste. Place the washed quinoa, broth, Marrakesh blend, and onion powder in a pot on the stove (or rice cooker set on white rice setting) and bring to a boil. Immediately turn the heat to simmer and cover, cooking until the liquid has been absorbed, about 15-20minutes.
2)Once done, remove pot from heat (or lift lid of rice cooker) and stir in the raisins. Cover pot tightly and let sit for 5-10 minutes undisturbed.
3)Meanwhile, combine all the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add the chickpeas and almonds and toss to combine. Add the quinoa mixture and stir to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
- 1 whole chicken
- Marrakesh Spice Blend, about 1 Tablespoon
- garlic powder to taste, about 1 teaspoon
- salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 tsp
Preheat the oven 375 degrees. Prepare a broiler pan fitted with a metal cookie tray or anything to raise the bird off the pan, allowing heat to circulate underneath while baking. Place the chicken onto the metal tray in the pan and sprinkle it liberally with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. I aim for an even dusting. Add three liberal pinches of Marrakesh over the top and place into the oven, for 15 – 20 minutes per pound. Allow to rest 5 minutes before carving.